Friday, April 16, 2010

Bad Karma

I don't usually believe in shit like karma and stuff but lately I'm rethinking my views.
my thesis work is a live example of murphy's law (whatever cannot go wrong, will go wrong in the worst possible manner)....come on! now that I thought I had managed to solve all the problems, I look at the data of my last test and I find that the stupid programme I use to record data managed to garble half the data. Which means I wasted one day worth of work between grinding, polishing, laquering and testing of the sample. LOVELY!
...and then Daniel wonders why I say I don't like computers
I know that at times they are useful and really make our life simpler but the truth is that most of the time they just make us swear and waste a lot of time and effort.
I just hope that having had a week of rest the computer at the lab will stop giving me rubbish and start giving me data I can work with...just living for the day all this will end!
I'm living for mid june...and the post exam shopping spree and post exam swim and post BEng UOM party...cos we're going to need one hell of a party!

2 comments:

  1. Breath in... breath out.... breath in... count to ten.... breath out.
    good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10x :) things weren't as bad as I thought after all.

    ReplyDelete